When All Else Fails, Packet Radio Works
In a disaster, emergency communications via amateur radio is often the only lifeline for citizens, government agencies and relief organizations, helping emergency response teams effectively coordinate and disseminate critical information and messages. Most emergency communications (EmComm) operators rely on packet radio to send and receive messages during a disaster. W4PCSoftware offers EmComm operators reliable, efficient and affordable software for HF, UHF and VHF packet radio communications.
EmComm Ops�, a part of the Radio Operations Center� software suite, helps you connect to, access, integrate and operate radios, TNCs, rotors, logging applications, call books and more � all from within a single Windows application.
Unlike MS-DOS or Windows 3.1-based radio software, EmComm Ops is a 32-bit Windows application designed from the ground up for Windows 2000, XP and Vista. That means true multitasking, seamless integration with other radio or PC productivity tools, and the ability to take full advantage of the speed and processing power of the latest Windows-based computers. Operators can control radio transmissions while simultaneously running logging programs, call book programs or any Windows application (including Microsoft Office). True multitasking gives EmComm operators the ability to send and receive packet communications while simultaneously relaying messages to families and rescue personnel in e-mail, for example.
Flexible and responsive, EmComm Ops offers powerful Windows-based radio operation. EmComm Ops offers you:
- Support for multiple packet radio data streams, connection types and transmit/receive/listen modes.
- One-click access to any data stream, packet mode, radio, TNC and rotor.
- Built-in and customizable macros that automate common commands.
- Support for dual TNCs, allowing radio amateurs to work in multiple packet modes simultaneously.
- User-definable colors and fonts for received, transmitted and command text.
- Robust file transfer capabilities in ASCII (text) formats, with an unlimited buffer for ASCII file transfers.
- Multiple monitor windows, including separate windows for network traffic.
- Point-and-click settings for TNC commands at startup.
- Cut-and-paste to and from any other Windows application.
- A built-in mini logging program built on a Microsoft Access database, plus interoperability with Log Window and DX4Win software.
- Call book integration (including Sams, QRZ, Buckmaster, Flying Horse).
Compatible with over 70 radios from leading manufacturers including ICOM, Kenwood, Tentec, Yeasu, Alinco.
- Support for multiple start-up/shut-down commands, so you can operate Packet bulletin board systems from your TNC, even when the software and your computer are shut down.
- Supports the industry�s most popular and pervasive TNC models from Kantronics, Timewave/AEA and MFJ Enterprises.
- Includes an advanced TNC Wizard that takes the headaches out of connecting and configuring a TNC for radio operation.
Regular lines of communications are often the first to go when a disaster causes power outages and the destruction of telephone, cellular and other infrastructure-dependent systems. EmComm Ops helps radio operators set up and operate more organized communication networks locally for governmental and emergency officials, as well as non-commercial communication for private citizens affected by the disaster.
EmComm Ops offers unparalleled Windows-based packet radio operation, backed by responsive customer support and a commitment to on-going product development. Download your free, 30-day trial of EmComm Ops now, or purchase in our online store.